Senior Network Engineer
Hiboo Networks Inc., is a new telecommunications company in the Ottawa-Gatineau region that is wholly owned by Hydro Ottawa Holdings Inc.
Hiboo Networks Inc is passionate and excited to provide high-quality and high-speed fibre optic network solutions and internet services to the Ottawa-Gatineau region. Our fast, high-capacity and highly secure connectivity solutions built on state-of-the-art technology, will deliver the low latency and high reliability network services that the business community increasingly requires to support the region’s global leadership and international growth and success.
Imagine working for an exciting new company, where employees have a chance to make a difference, be innovative and contribute to the success of the organization.
Hiboo Networks Inc. is currently searching for a talented individual to join our team as a Senior Network Engineer. You will play a critical role as the lead technical product owner working with the go-to-market team, and helping the company establish, maintain, and grow its Service Provider Network technology stack across Routing, Switching, Security,
and DDI. This position will also perform pre-sales engineering functions, lead technical customer discussions, and bring forth solutions in a combined Pre-Sales Engineering and Network Architecture role as part of the company’s early days of launch.
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to develop a service provider network from the ground up and work with leading technology providers to help drive the roadmap into the future.
Here’s What You Will Do
● Support and collaborate with the Senior Network Architect to develop the overall product architecture & technology roadmap
● Support and collaborate with the Senior Network Architect in ensuring the overall security posture of the network
● Maintain and support the network for industry leading performance around availability, latency, and throughput.
● Maintain and support the management stack, policies, and capabilities required to provide world-class B2B services
● Review and analyze new technologies and make recommendations to enhance business, improve capabilities, and reduce costs
● Support ongoing service provider network expansion and evolution into new technologies such as SDN/NFV and zero-touch provisioning
● Support the Senior Network Architect in the implementation of Network changes including upgrades, patching, and other re-configurations
● Monitor overall network resource usage for the purposes of network capacity planning and support of the end-to-end Service Assurance
● Support technical change management, through participation of the planning, review, and approval of network change implementation
● Provide support (level 2) to Network Systems Engineer, outsourced NOC, field and outside plant services for provisioning and support
● Provide technical support during major incidents affecting the network, support identification of the root cause, and execution of remediation activities
● Provide pre-sales engineering support to Sales/Account teams
● Assist with technical recruitment, onboarding, and performance management within the network team
● Assist with the development of the overall technical skills and talent posture of the network team
As you will be a “ground zero” hire, you will be leading the implementation of the end-to-end architecture, design, configuration, and validation of our service provider network technology stack while collaborating with go-to-market, network equipment vendors, integrators, and the network team.
Here’s What you Need – Skills and Qualifications
● A Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
● Preferred ten (10+) years of hands-on technical experience, and 5+ years in operations and maintenance of a service provider network
● Experience with Business Services such as Internet, Ethernet, MPLS, Data Center/Cloud connectivity
● Proficiency with service provider technology implementation such as, BGP, EVPN, VPLS, NAT, ESI-LAG, etc.
● A certification from a major routing technology provider such as Juniper, Cisco, or Nokia (‘Service Provider’ certification preferred)
● Technical ability along with business acumen for leading presentations
● Strong understanding of security measures and implementation such as DDOS, DNS Security, SOC, and other cloud managed security posture
● Strong understanding and experience with ‘Outside Plant/Network Access’ design and architecture and End-to-End service management ie. OSS/BSS
*This position is expected to be a part of the teams’ rotational on-call duties and, when required, be a part of managing/supporting after-hours project deployments in the evenings or weekends as required.
Here’s What’s Great to Have – Core Competencies
● Juniper Service Provider Routing and Switching Certification
● Adaptable, adjusts and responds to change, can pivot and prioritize
● Commitment to quality and excellence
● Entrepreneurial spirit, is innovative, challenges the status quo and can take risks
● Motivated to “hit the ground running”, a self-starter who can take initiative
● Integrity, is trustworthy, fulfills commitments and does what is right
● Collaboration skills, a team player who loves working with others and sharing ideas
● Provides “best in class” customer service
● Experience in a start-up organization and/or the telecommunications services industry is an asset
● Bilingual and the ability to effectively communicate to business leaders in both English and French is an asset
Here’s Why You Should Join the Hiboo team!
● Compensation and Incentive Program
● Benefits and RRSP Matching Program
● Generous Paid Leave
● Employee Referral Bonus
● Wellness Reimbursement Program
● Home Office Reimbursement Program
● Cell Phone Reimbursement Program
● Employee Assistance Program
● Professional Development
As we build our team, the health, safety, and well-being of our employees is our top priority.
Hiboo offers employees flexible work arrangements however, this position is located in Ottawa, and face-to-face meetings with the team will be required. We value the innovation and teamwork that happens when employees come together and are committed to establishing a dynamic workforce that reflects the community it serves. We are stronger together!
Hiboo Networks Inc. is committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves, and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with
disabilities and invite you to contact us if you have questions regarding accessibility or accommodation.
If you are looking to join a new dynamic organization that values entrepreneurial thinking, excellence, innovation, integrity, teamwork and best in class service, we want to meet you!